CARROT CAKE. I've tried many carrot cakes, and this is my favorite recipe. I feel like carrot cake is a dessert most people tend to only make around Easter. But honestly, carrot cake is such an incredible dessert and I think it should be enjoyed all year long.
It wasn't until recently that we realized just how much we love carrot cake. Carrot cake is cake that contains carrots mixed into the batter. Most modern carrot cake recipes have a white cream cheese frosting. You can have CARROT CAKE using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of CARROT CAKE
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of mashed bananas.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of grated carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (optional).
- Prepare of dry.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 3 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 3 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate soda.
- It’s of wet.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of cooking oil.
- It’s 5 of eggs.
- It’s of icing.
- You need 100 grams of softened butter.
- Prepare 2 cup of icing sugar.
- It’s 100 ml of cream cheese (plain).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract (or essence).
- Prepare 1 of carrots, lemon rind or chopped nuts for garnish.
- You need tsp of vanilla essence.
The origins of carrot cake are disputed. This carrot cake cake sets the standard for carrot cakes everywhere. It's deeply moist and filled with toasted pecans. Most of its flavor comes from brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and carrots.
CARROT CAKE step by step
- Preheat oven 180°C. Cream eggs and sugar together.
- Add oil, carrots, nuts, and bananas.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Pour into Prepared cake tins 20×20 for square or standard round cake tin. Don't over fill as it rises quite alot. Bake for 30 minutes or until centre is dry when you stick skewer in it.
- For the icing…wait for the cake to cool down.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add cream cheese and mix.
- Add vanilla essence and mix.
- Grate carrot and lemon rind or nuts to garnish.
This truly is the best carrot cake recipe! It's perfectly moist and delicious, made with lots of fresh carrots, and topped with the most heavenly cream cheese frosting. Whether you want a carrot cake that's dense, moist and full of spice and nuts, or you like Try Rachel Allen's easiest carrot cake loaf for afternoon tea, Dan Lepard's carrot cake cupcakes for Easter, or. This Carrot Cake with pineapple and coconut is a family favorite, made every year for all sorts of celebrations from birthdays to Easter! Originally from the Silver Palate cookbook, we've made several.